A Rain Bath, My Rebirth

We walked a senior colleague to the bus stop in order to get him on his journey. It was 4:00pm in the Sunshine State and it was Sunny. I passed a comment about the heat - my contribution to the small talk we were making. And sure it was hot, Akure Sun blazes till 4:30pm! Then temperature begins to decline gradually.

I sat in the living room while a group of three did their weekly study of the Bible.  I was welcome to join but I was disinclined to turn through  the book or to engage with discussions. So  I sat on the dinning while they studied and discussed in the sitting area. A lot of thoughts sought for space in my mind - The letter that required that I travel back to the town I just left three days before, unfinished online class quiz and newsletters,  the issues from the leadership conference and lots more.

Then I left to the Training Flat and it began to rain. I changed my shirt, took of my trousers and off I went into the rain. I ran in it,  washed my body, enjoyed the splash. It was a reunion with my past - My late childhood and early teens.

Pictures of the times I spent in the rain passed my mind. I could see all the locations clearly - the current of the flood water, the flashes of lightening, the thunder claps and the rain torrents. I could replay different days of my rain play. Today, I lived again! For a split second I left the world of work and deadlines, of expectations and obligations. I bathed in the rain.

That night's rain didn't just cool my body or wash off its dirt, it washed my heart and cooled my mind. It is good to play child for at least a split  second.

Now I am back to my world of work, deadlines and expectations.  But I am back with a renewed vigor and hope. The product of a single rain bath!

Nedu Eze, June 2019, Akure.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by... Nedu Eze.

Popular posts from this blog

A Girl Tripped Me, Now I am Marrying Her

Memoirs of My Traditional Marriage

PAIN, SICKNESS AND HOPE