They Turned Into Rams, Droves of Them

We had come for Sunday School Preparatory Class. With us were members of my childhood church, respected people, and my parents.

It appeared we all arrived early so there was time for catching up before the start of the Prep. I, my pastor, and a few others talked about why I have not been coming for the prep, although I had a respectable and juicy position - Assistant Superintendent. I smiled and thought to myself that it didn't matter, the position wasn't anything to make me available for the preps.

It was all small talks when there was a sudden flurry of activities: members began to run into the church hall - we were holding the prep outside. I thought it was a sudden rain, others thought so too, but some others saw the strange things.

I didn't see what was happening. I wondered why they all were running off without carrying the wooden benches we were using. Ideally, when the rain comes while we were in class, members carried benches -  two Individuals to one bench, each individual at the opposite end of the bench. On more urgent occasions, two members carry two chairs, with each individual holding a bench edge with each of his hands.

Today, many members simply ran into the church hall. I and my Pastor however carried two of the benches, each holding a bench edge in each hand. We both didn't see the actual cause of the flurry - we thought it was a heavy downpour setting in. Then we looked up and saw the real deal.

It wasn't a downpour. It was a herd of rams ascending into the skies, droves of them from every corner of the sky. It seems people from different places changed into them as they began their ascension.

We all didn't understand it. We thought it was an evil happening, but then our hearts told us, that it was the ascension of true believers - what some call the rapture.

I saw it as the ascension of true believers, in tandem with the sheep and goat parable. And these were rams - sheep. I was drawn to it, I ascended with them but I didn't disappear into the horizon. My wife was with me; she seemed to ascend too, although too slowly. She began to confess her sins of the day before. Then I woke up.

When I awoke, my mind went to the parable. I Google searched the Bible text for it. (Matthew 25: 31 - 46), found it and read it again. Then I wrote down these things. When the King comes in His glory, He will separate the sheep from the goat. The sheep to His right, eternal glory, the goat to His left, eternal damnation. We may argue how exactly the separation will happen and what time it will be, but we should be sure it will happen. God's word cannot be broken.


Nedu Eze, Abuja,  June 3, 2022.

Photo credit: David Mark from Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Girl Tripped Me, Now I am Marrying Her

Memoirs of My Traditional Marriage

PAIN, SICKNESS AND HOPE